Life Plan Community – Have you recently retired or are you approaching retirement age?
Are you entertaining thoughts about how your life will change or the path you want your life to take? After all, you no longer need the big house…plus the maintenance, chores, and expense of owning more than you need are probably causing more anxiety than contentment.
Are you ready to simplify your life, eliminate the clutter, and downsize to an apartment or smaller home perhaps in a Life Plan Community?
The idea can be exciting, stressful, and emotional all at the same time, but think about the rewards of choosing a Life Plan Community:
- No more costly maintenance, repairs, and yard work.
- Less cleaning and fewer chores give you more time for fun or relaxation.
- You’ll be part of a community where you can socialize with people who have similar interests.
- You have the opportunity to move closer to the activities you enjoy and people you love.
- Downsizing now keeps you in control while still in good health and sound mind to make this important life-change decision.
It’s easy to procrastinate and resist the idea of making such a monumental life change but waiting too long can cause even more anxiety.
The most difficult aspect will undeniably be dealing with the emotions of parting with your family home and possessions. Here are some suggestions to help you navigate through the process:
- Start your decluttering now. Begin gradually with small goals…one box, one closet, one drawer at a time.
- Enlist the help of family and close friends to help you make decisions about what you need and what you can do without; definitely get rid of anything that is damaged, broken, or has missing pieces.
- Set a reasonable goal and progress at your own pace. As you set things aside, have family members choose mementos and items that they would like to keep. Whatever is left, you can sell, donate, recycle, or throw out.
- For your own protection and peace of mind, carefully go over your finances or check with a financial planner to see how this kind of move will benefit you.
- Research communities in areas you’d enjoy living and, if possible, pay them a visit and visualize yourself living there.
- Most of all, keep a positive attitude as you embark on a new adventure.
At Pickering Manor, nestled in the heart of historic Newtown, PA, in beautiful Bucks County, our one and two-bedroom apartments and cottages await you and are the perfect transition for your life plan change.
Our comfortable first or second-floor residential apartments are offered to those 55 and older and include complete maintenance provided by our staff. Cottages are designed for those 62 or older and are all single-story residences. Monthly fees include maintenance, electricity, and trash/snow removal. For your safety, all apartments and cottages are equipped with a wireless emergency response system.
Just think…you’ll have more time to travel, engage in activities you love, do volunteer work, and spend more time with friends and family!
Best of all, we are located only a short drive or within walking distance to fine dining, shops, worship centers, historic sites, and the theater and arts community.
At Pickering, we promote independent living, personal fulfillment, and continuing quality of life while offering a sense of community among the residents. Visit the Pickering Manor website www.PickeringManor.org for more information and give us a call today at (215) 968-3878 to schedule a visit.